Last revised: November 1, 2022
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. Buyist collects personal and non-personal information when you provide it to us in the course of using the Services. The personal information that we may collect includes your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card number, and financial information. The non-personal information that we may collect includes your browser type, the URL of the previous website you visited, your ISP, operating system, and your Internet protocol (IP) Address. The non-personal information is not used by us to personally identify you and is not readily usable for that purpose. When you register for or make a purchase through the Services we will collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, email address, and other information that we request during the registration and purchase process. If you communicate with us regarding the Services we collect any information that you provide to us during the course of our communication. We may use analytic and reporting technologies to record non-personal information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software, operating system types, click patterns, and the dates and times that the Services are accessed by you. We may contract with a third party to help us manage, monitor and optimize the Services and measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications and use of the Services. We may use web beacons and cookies (described below) for this purpose.
3. OUR USE OF INFORMATION FOR INTERNAL PURPOSES. We use your personal information primarily for our own internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving the Services, to collect credit card payments for Fees and other purchases you make, and to provide customer support. We also use non-personal information, in aggregate form, for our own internal purposes, such as tracking use of the Services and assisting us in providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving the Services.
4. OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We will disclose your personal information to protect or enforce our legal rights and policies, to protect or enforce the legal rights of a third party, or as we in good faith believe we are required to do so by law (such as to comply with a subpoena or court order, for example). We may contract with various third parties who help us provide, maintain and improve the Services and such third parties may have access to your personal information to perform their services. For example, we use a third party to process payments made to us, and may subcontract out production, fulfillment, analytics, reporting or other operations. We may contract with third party contractors to help us manage, monitor and optimize the Services. We may also use third party contractors to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and communications. We will enter into confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements with all third parties that have access to your personal information which will prohibit them from using or disclosing your personal information except for the purpose of providing services to use. We intend to take commercially reasonable steps to enforce such non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements if and when we become aware of any violations.
5. OUR DISCLOSURE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES. We may disclose non-personal Information, in aggregate form, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, customers, and others. You may not opt-out of the sharing of this information.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. When in using the Services you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number on our registration forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (sometimes referred to as “SSL”). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we do not guarantee absolute security. We are not responsible for the unauthorized acts of others and we assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access (such as through hacking) or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
8. REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. You may obtain a copy of and request that we correct errors in your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com or contacting us by phone at 617.229.7699. If you do desire to obtain a copy of your personal information, you will be required to provide proof of your identity. If your personal information changes or if you no longer want to subscribe to or use the Services, you may correct, update or deactivate your personal information and your account through the account management screen. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
9. CHOICES ON COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION. We may, from time to time, send you email and other communications regarding Buyist products and services that we feel may interest you. If you do not want to receive solicitations from us, you can “opt-out” by accessing your account online and editing your account information to no longer receive such offers and mailings. You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of the Services may not work properly in your case.
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. The Services are intended for business owners. Therefore, it is unlikely that children under the age of 17 will use or purchase the Services. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children that we know to be under the age of 17. In addition, we will delete any information in our database that we know originates from a child under the age of 17. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you, your parent, or your legal guardian may request that we deactivate any of your personal information in our database and/or opt-out from receiving communications from us. If you wish to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. OPTING-OUT FROM RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS. You may opt-out from having your personal information used for certain purposes. For example, if you no longer wish to receive any promotional or other communications from us, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.